A microwave oven is a common kitchen appliance which is used in most homes for cooking and heating tasks. When it comes to cooking and heating food, a microwave uses a brilliant electromagnetic radiation where water molecules found in your food are super heated. In return, these water molecules vibrate and rotate causing a buildup of heat which is distributed evenly throughout the nearby molecules causing your food to heat up fast.
There are three types of microwave ovens available in the market. They include; the solo microwave ovens which are easy to use and come with basic heating and defrosting options, a grill microwave which offers the option of a grill function and a combination model which works as a convection oven for baking and heating. All of these microwave ovens offer the same basic features and are available at a range of different colors, outputs and capacities.
With that being said, this article will review some of the best microwave ovens available in the market.
When buying the Westinghouse WM009 900 Watts Microwave Oven, just know that you’re buying quality. This is because this microwave oven is loaded with credible features which not only add on value, but also add on performance and promote easy usability of the unit. Among these brilliant features include; a stainless steel outer coating, an easy to read LED display, a digital clock, 10-cooking power levels and 6-one touch cook menus (popcorn, beverage, pizza, reheat, frozen food and potato). Apart from that, this microwave oven has a convenient auto weight and speed defrost and comes with a child lock feature which helps you enter a special code to avoid small kids from tampering with the machine.
- The 900 watts heating power ensures that food is prepared fast and evenly.
- Most customers have praised the sleek dimensions of 14.1×19×11.1 inches stating that it takes a small counter space.
- Some smart safety features such as the child lock feature ensures that small kids don’t get to mess with this unit.
- The interior lighting is very bright enabling you to warm/cook your food without the help of external lighting.
- The LED display is just phenomenal and very easy to read through.
- Some customers have complained about the control system stating that it’s very complicated.
- The motor is quite loud, especially when operating on the highest settings.
- The price is quite high as compared to other similar alternatives in the market.
Although there are some minor cons and drawbacks present in this microwave, they’re not enough to outweigh the pros. This microwave oven is loaded with smart features and easy to use control settings which ensure that cooking tasks become more simplified than ever before. The 900 Watts heating power, the LED display and the 6-one touch cook menus are some of the brilliant additions which ensure that cooking is done fast and easy.
The RCA RMW1182 Microwave and Grill is another perfect addition in your kitchen. This microwave is not only used for heating leftovers and warming after school dishes. It has been designed with a grill which you can take advantage of to create delicious meals and amazing dishes without necessarily using a full size oven.
The grill function browns your food and gives it an attractive taste and aroma making it ideal for use in large hotels and homes. It comes with 10-power levels, a child lock safety feature, 1000 Watts power output, a large glass turntable and a grill rack. It has a weight of 39.2 pounds and dimensions of 18.2×24×14 inches.
- With a 1000 Watts heating power, this microwave is very strong and the best for cooking large meals.
- The interior is very roomy and capable of accommodating a whole dining plate when warming leftovers.
- The unit is very silent when operating. The door is also very easy to open and close.
- The grill portion works well and enables you to brown your food making it delicious and tasty.
- The price of this microwave oven is very fair considering that it comes with a grill feature.
- The user manual is not well detailed on how to use the relevant settings.
- You can’t add the cooking time when it’s running. You have to stop it first then start over again.
- Some customers have stated that the time setting procedure is very complicated.
Although there are some minor cons present in this high-end microwave oven, its overall performance is just phenomenal. It comes with smart features which include; a child lock feature, 10-power levels to grill, a 1000 Watts motor and a large glass turntable which can hold a whole chicken and cook large meals.
The Nostalgia Electrics RMO770RED is a stylish microwave which comes in retro red and black combination. Available with plenty of goodies, smart features and cheap price, this unit has the ability to tackle all your cooking needs with ease. Among the smart features you’re expected to find in this microwave include; an LED display, 12 pre-programmed settings, a digital clock, 24-hour time display, 5 power levels and 700 Watts cooking power. With sleek dimensions of 18×14.2×10.2 inches and a weight of 23.7 pounds, this microwave oven is the best for tackling small cooking tasks.
- This microwave has cute colors which complement your interior décor.
- It has small dimensions which make it ideal for small kitchens and students living in dorms.
- The interior is roomy enough to fully rotate a large dining plate.
- The price of this microwave is very cheap as compared to most of its competitors.
- The LED display and the one touch buttons are intuitive and easy to read through.
- Some customers have complained about the control settings stating that they’re very confusing.
- The interior and the doorway are very small. You have to force the dinning plate through the door when heating food.
- This microwave is only ideal for growing families and students living in small apartments.
After reviewing the Nostalgia Electrics RMO770RED, we found that this microwave oven has more pros than the cons. Despite the small size, this microwave has a stylish combination, great features and smart settings, which every user have praised and appreciated.
After reviewing three of the best microwave ovens available in the market, we found that the Westinghouse WM009 900 Watts Microwave Oven was the leading in the category. What really makes this unit the best in the list is the fact that it has been loaded with credible features which not only add on value, but also add on performance and promote easy usability. Although it’s available at a higher price, customers looking for a mix of style, value and performance will most likely benefit from this unit.
Second in the category, we have reviewed the RCA RMW1182 Microwave and Grill which is a smart microwave with the ability to heat leftovers and warm after-school dishes. It has been designed with a grill which you can take advantage of to create delicious meals and amazing dishes without necessarily using a full size oven.
Last in the list, we reviewed the Nostalgia Electrics RMO770RED. Available with plenty of goodies, smart features and cheap price, this unit has the ability to tackle all your cooking needs with ease. It has the sleekest design and light-weight which has also added to the overall performance of this unit. Young users as well as growing families are highly advised to purchase this microwave due to its cheap price and small size.