Convection microwaves have continued to penetrate into the market due to their outstanding performance in keeping the job done fast and efficiently. What these microwaves really do is that they combine the convection cooking with the microwave heating to offer a fast, even and efficient cooking experience to a wide range of delicious recipes.
When choosing the best convection microwave, there are a number of features which you’re required to look out for. They include;
- Cooking sensors: which measure the amount of humidity in your food to determine the cooking time.
- Even heating and defrosting: unlike the traditional microwaves where you had to pause the cooking time to stir your food, the modern convection microwaves ensure that food is cooked evenly without being checked.
- Turntable on/off button: this is usually handy when preparing large meals such as poultry or fish where the rotation stops to avoid your food from sticking to the sides of the interior.
With this in mind, we are going to discuss the features, pros and cons of some of the top rated models to give you a better understanding of the best convection microwaves.
The Sharp R1874T 850 W Convection Microwave is a smart over-the-range microwave which comes with a stainless steel construction and an elegant look. Available with a glass window, this unit has a roomy 1.1 Cu. Ft interior and is powered by an 850 Watts cooking power. Some of the brilliant features which customers are expected to experience with the Sharp R1874T 850 W Convection Microwave include; a 4-way convection system, a CompuDefrost which defrosts food according to weight, 25 automatic settings, temperature controls and a 13 inch ceramic turntable. With the ability to defrost, broil and bake, this convection microwave oven has a weight of 72 pounds and dimensions of 29.9×16.3×15.4 inches.
- This unit has a simplified convection and microwave cooking experience thanks to the smart sensors and the one-touch settings.
- The interior is very roomy accommodating a whole chicken/turkey comfortably.
- Since convection cooking may be new to some customers, the Sharp R1874T 850 W Convection Microwave comes with a manual/recipe booklet which is very detailed and easy to understand.
- You can easily turn the turntable on/off with just a press of a button when preparing large meals.
- The heating power is precise, giving your food a chance to cook up fast and evenly.
- The fan has two speeds which are very loud.
- Although the interior is stainless steel, it’s very rough giving you a hassle when cleaning.
- The menu buttons are quite complex, making it hard to understand especially for aged users.
One major drawback with the Sharp R1874T 850 W Convection Microwave is the price. Most customers have opted to go for cheaper alternatives which come with similar specs and features to save on cost. However, this microwave is packed with lots of new features and technologies which are exclusive and hard to find in smaller units. This is why most customers will opt to go for it and omit the cheaper models.
The Samsung MC17F808KDT Convection Microwave is an example of an over-the-range microwave which combines everything you need into one powerful appliance. Its design enables it to work as a toaster, a microwave, a boiler and a convection oven as the same time. It has a powerful 1750 Watts of convection cooking power, 900 Watts Grill power and 950 Watts microwave power. Among the features you’re expected to experience include LED cooktop lighting, a Ceramic Enamel interior, 115 cooking presets, intuitive glass controls and a SLIM FRY technology which cook healthy foods without using oil. With a stainless steel outer finish and a large turntable, this unit has a weight of 77 pounds and dimensions of 17.6×29.9×16.9 inches.
- Samsung has surprised many through the introduction of Samsung MC17F808KDT Convection Microwave. It has a very easy to use touch control system which only needs you to touch and that’s all.
- Most customers have praised the interior stating that the ceramic enamel material is easy to clean and maintain.
- The stainless steel outer casing with a black and gray combination is also very handy giving this unit a stylish look in your kitchen.
- The LED cooktop lights are very stylish and easy to use.
- The 300 CFM ventilation system sucks all grease, steam and smokes from your kitchen giving it a fresh look.
- This convection microwave is very heavy and needs a lot of manpower to screw it over-the-range.
- Some customers have complained about the overall performance, stating that this unit gets damaged quite fast.
- The one-touch settings are quite complex and hard to some users.
Despite some minor complaints, the overall performance of the Samsung MC17F808KDT Convection Microwave is just phenomenal. It has the capacity to cook, broil and toast within a fraction of your time. The LED lighting, the scratch resistant interior, the intuitive glass touch controls and the gentle 300 CFM steam cleaning system are some of the selling features which have elevated this kitchen appliance at the top of the ladder.
Finally, Cuisinart has presented a microwave oven with an ultimate combination of style, value and performance. The Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave with Grill is one such appliance which comes with all these credible features, making it perfect for high-end commercial kitchens. It has a large 1.2 Cu. Ft interior, a sleek control panel which has a combination of great settings and options, a brushed stainless steel outer casing, a 1000 Watts cooking power and a large 12 inch rotating glass turntable. The Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave has a moderate weight of 38 pounds and dimensions of 26×17.5×23.7 inches.
- This unit is sleek and doesn’t occupy much of your kitchen space.
- The convection and Grill features are very handy since they heat up fast and offer even heating of your food without getting burnt.
- The interior is completely stainless steel and is very easy to clean and maintain.
- The interior is very roomy and capable of accommodating a whole chicken.
- Some customers have stated that this appliance requires some free space of about 4 inches on both sides something which eats away a lot of your kitchen space.
- The turntable is a bit rough and makes it hard to boil liquids since they could splash out.
- When cooking is in progress, the left hand side becomes very hot something which can cause a fire accident if you’re not careful.
All in all, the Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave with Grill is a smart kitchen appliance which has all the features required to tackle all your cooking needs. It has a polished stainless steel outer and inner casing, a large 1.2 Cu. Ft interior, a sleek design and one-touch control settings which every kitchen enthusiast would really wish to experience.
Although there are other great convection microwaves available in this market, we were able to review just a few and found the Sharp R1874T 850 W Convection Microwave to be the best in the list. Available with a glass window, this unit has a roomy 1.1 Cu. Ft interior and is powered by an 850 Watts cooking power. It has smart features and brilliant technologies which have pushed every buyer to make it the first option.
Second in the category, we have the Samsung MC17F808KDT Convection Microwave which is a very powerful over the range unit. Its design enables it to work as a toaster, a microwave, a boiler and a convection oven as the same time. It has a powerful 1750 Watts of convection cooking power, 900 Watts Grill power and 950 Watts microwave power. It has great features and is available at a pocket friendly price to all customers.
Last in the category, we reviewed the Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave which comes with a grill option as well as other credible features. Powered by a 1000 Watts cooking power, this unit has a large 1.2 Cu. Ft interior, a sleek control panel, a brushed stainless steel outer casing, a large 12 inch rotating glass turntable and of course an affordable price.